Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16,819 Posts
There was an article in the Post several years ago where some dude who specializes in big pike at 11-mile said the same thing about the fish biting/arcing thing. I figured if he had Cojones enough to do it,I would too.

G

·
Slayer- I think you have a marketing idea. I wonder what would happen if you rigged a couple of batteries (say C size) through the reel seat of your rod? You think you'd catch more fish? I bet you could even make it so the tip of your rod lights up at night so folks wouldn't have to use those green sticks. I think there's some marketing potential there!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yakatut said:
Roth.......I think it a warning from God........compelling you to share your secrets of your success at aurora......................if you dont..next time............................ZAP!
I think that I'll have to keep my spot a secret... if I get zapped I'll be taking a large stringer of fish with me to my grave ;D.

G

·
I've had dry static storms cause blue electrical arcs across the aluminum frame inside an outfitter tent while elk hunting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have always been pretty anxious about lightning and always seemed to err on the side of caution when deciding whether to get off the lake or not. Then I always felt I got off too early which kind of pissed me off. So I found this company in the Springs that makes a lightning detector that tells you how far away the strikes are and clues you into the direction of the storm. Now I have more confidence in staying out on the water longer. It's at http://www.strikealert.com/ I think it was initially developed for golfers, but it's perfect for the boat and those wide-open streams like the Spinney Mile. It's saved me a couple of times...I highly recommend it...worth every penny.
Matt

21 - 25 of 25 Posts