Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Aurora Sunday about 5:00 PM. Rode my bike with my belly boat to the back. Fished Lone Tree in my belly boat until it was getting dark. Then started to fish from shore. Acually waded in about 20 Feet. Caught a rainbow, then an 18' Walley. I threw my kastmaster to the same place I caught the walley and had another on that got away. 

I told myself one more cast and I got to get out of here (I was late getting out and one of the rangers gave me a pretty good tounge lashin but no ticket. I can live with that) Anyway on my last cast I hauled in a monster of a walleye. It was 31 1/2 inches long and 16'' girth. I have never caught a walleye that big. It bit on a 1/4" dark green kastmaster. Boy was that fun. I caught it on 6 lb test and just as I drug it to shore the line broke. I scooped up the fish and laid it on the bank.

I will have pics tomorow. Anyway great day at Aurora.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Re: Aurora - Sunday Afternoon

Boy, between you and go'n' fish'n' 's report, Aurora's fish must biting really good. Definitely better than my Sunday at Chatfield.
Cody

·
Registered
1,599 Posts

WOW!!!!!!!!! Nice..........I would love to see that picture.i was there saturday..............caught some nice bows but no walleye...........

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Dad & I went out Saturday, put our belly boats on the lake and imediately the wind came up and just about froze us solid before the wind blew us to shore. We left and did not come back on Saturday.

About 10,000 people coming to Aurora. I will have to say I do not always catch large amounts of fish no matter where I go. If you are going to places to just catch fish, do not waste your time on any lake. I enjoy "Fishing" and everything it entails, even freezing and getting blown off the lake. I am probably one of those blind squirrel that gets a nut once in a while. I wouldn't bank on catching anything based on my reports.

Good luck though.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts

The bite has been good for three weeks now! As far as the hords that are coming? That is why I fish there other than the weekend. Beside 95% of the people who come there to fish are drowning bait for trout! Nothing wrong with that, buts that what most people do there.

·
Registered
182 Posts

Great Fish! I have not caught any that big at Aurora.  My biggest there is 26 1/2".  I've made two short trips to Aurora this spring and caught one small eye each time fishing from shore.  Congrats!
Gary B 

·
Registered
24,509 Posts

The standard formula to convert a walleye’s length to its weight is
(length x length x length) / 2700 = weight
31.5 x 31.5 x 31.5 / 2700 = 11.58 pounds...

Great job Namigoos!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Is that right! It felt about like 10 to 12 lbs but I only had a bathroom scale to weigh it. I got on first and weighed ..............lbs and then weighed with the fish and it was 10.2 lbs but I am not sure how acurate that is. Thanks for the formula - makes my fish seem bigger!

I will have a picture on here later tonight.

·
Registered
769 Posts

zman said:
The standard formula to convert a walleye’s length to its weight is
(length x length x length) / 2700 = weight
31.5 x 31.5 x 31.5 / 2700 = 11.58 pounds...

Great job Namigoos!

If the fish has just spawned, the 10.2lbs may be close. They can be pretty lean
just after spawning. At any rate, that is one great fish.

·
Registered
674 Posts

Aurora is definetly producing right now. I've been out the last two weeks and found that the walleye are really biting along with the other species. Haven't caught any walleye that big but I have caught a fair share of 18+ inch ones.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
WOW I agree with everyone else great looking fish.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts