Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Aurora Tournament 05/14/05

737 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Zman 
#1 ·
Here is what I know...some of it info for people that may want to do it next year...75 boats were pre-registered meaning they paid a $5 fee to beach them over night...that was the Aurora self imposed limit...they have someone to watch over them so nothing is ripped off...I was one the people that pre-registered their boat...they had 900 people in the contest...probably another 50 boats showed up on Saturday...there were 11 cars, vehicles, motorhomes, boats in line Friday night at 6pm when I left from prelaunching my boat...they were spending the night...

Saturday morning...we got there at 5:25 AM...the gates open at 5:30...we were about 50  feet from the highway you turn from to go down the long road by Arapahoe Park raceway...we didnt get through the gate until 6am and I have a Park Pass...I have questions about that but they are a site sponsor so I will ask them elsewhere...

The fishing was bad...at least the catching was...I had three hits and caught two fish...both rainbows...one 12 and one 16 inches...two hits on a size 6 Panther Martin...the larger one hit an eigth ounce jig with a white gulp twister tail body tipped with the smallest fathead minnow I have seen in my life...I hope when Cabelas shows up they air freight real fatheads in!!!...Dennis and Tom got skunked...we fished until 5pm...we tried everything...flies, spinners, spoons, plugs, platics, jigs, worms real and gulp, minnows, leeches, power bait...I saw one party that did really well from a spot...they caught 15 on green power bait...we were right next to them and couldnt do anything...they must of been right over something in their boat...fished areas with tons of fish on my fish finder...fished the marina bay...the bay to the south of it...the main lake...Senac from front to back...all depths...CripeZ!!...talked to a ton of people that had the skunk...Pepe Le Pew was out there walking on water...

The awards ceremony -  I didnt go but here is what I heard second party so I dont know if it is true or not...there were 4 tagged fish caught...I think they tagged a 100...nobody drew the envelope for the $25,000 prize...they give away a Lund boat and trailer for the largest trout...I heard it weighed seven pounds...

The water temp was 54 degrees...

That is about all...

Signed ZcouldntCatchAFishAfishWithADupontSpinnerMan

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.