Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anybody has been fishing Aurora Res? When we were there a few days ago, and about a week before that, we were getting lots of hits on the fishfinder showing fish at the bottom. I'm not sure if the finder was picking up weeds or something else floating above the bottom or whether there really are a lot of fish in that lake. The hits seemed to come at almost any depth including 110 feet. We didn't get a bite in two trips but maybe we do not know how to fish that lake. We have tried trolling, bait, spinners etc. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unless my depth gauge isn't working (I just recently purchased a used Tracker boat) depths of 110 feet were showing up in the northern part of the lake near the dam.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I've registered the same depth and the contour maps verify that depth when it is at full pool. I have had "hits" on my depth finder too from those depths. Makes you wonder if there are some "monster cats" or something lurking down there! Too bad the cable for my under water camera is only 60 feet long.........

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts