Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to do some fishing tomorrow but unsure on trying the mountains with the wind and snow they are supposed to get. Have never ice fished in the metro area lakes. Is the ice on Aurora Res safe still, and can anyone suggest an area to try fishing. Or is Bear Creek a good place with safe ice to try?? Thanks to anyone with info..

·
Registered
150 Posts
The ice at Aurora is in good shape. In Aurora you can find fish almost anywhere, easiest access is on either side of the marina. There will be plenty of folks out there tomorrow; I'd suggest follow the crowds. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Willowbasher said:
The ice at Aurora is in good shape. In Aurora you can find fish almost anywhere, easiest access is on either side of the marina. There will be plenty of folks out there tomorrow; I'd suggest follow the crowds. Good luck.
Follow the crowds? Mmmmmmmm, bad suggestion. I suggest getting a topo map. Follow your instincts, or your fishing partners. Morning bite is key. Afternoon has been super slow.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I agree on the early bite and map. Concerning following the crowds, you will get some sense for productive spots when you find clusters of people in areas that require more effort to get there. You'll always find people near the parking lot. Some of these spots can be steady producers, but tend to wane as the season extends. There are spots near the parking lot where I caught numbers of walleye in early Jan and now there's nothing there as the ice has extended to cover the entire lake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts