Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going out to aurora off the dam today was wondering if anyone had any tips for me on what to use to catch rainbow trout i haven't fished out there in a long time so i was seeing if anyone had known what to use.
thank you very much to any responses
will post report when done ;D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Was out there this morning and just got back from there. I talked to almost every sole on the dam and not one of them had caught anything. " so they say" Everyone had bites, but no one hooked up. There was two boats out there and one of them hooked up with a large fish and lost it as the fish and the boaters where making alot of noise. Was nice to get out and meet new people.

·
Registered
115 Posts
My son and I were out yesterday in the kayaks. We both caught 2 on silver and black rapalas. From the damn I would recommend floating power bait off the bottom.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I had seen you guys coming around the bend as I was picking up my things. There as one guy fly fishing where I was. I lost an X Rap there just 6' from shore. I was getting bites on power bait.

·
Registered
200 Posts
We caught 1 yesterday on powerbait off the dam. I was throwing jerkbaits and other lures with no success for 3 hours...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts