Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning a family vacation to Australia next year and looking for information from anyone who has spent time there. My original thought was to spend our time between Sidney/Melbourne or between the Reef (outside of Cairns) and Northern Territory (Kakadu). Leaning towards the North, however I am finding that the travel times (29+ hours!) to get between Katherine and Cairns are limiting the time we would get to spend at either location.

I much prefer to drive than fly so looking to condense our trip to cover less area. Here is where the request comes into play, is there anything we shouldn't overlook or is there anything else that may be more hype than necessary? I am drawn to the Northern Territory and Queensland but also know there is so much to see in the SE between Sidney and Melbourne/Tasmania. Looking to learn from anyone else's experience...

Thanks in advance for any information!

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Planning a family vacation to Australia next year and looking for information from anyone who has spent time there. My original thought was to spend our time between Sidney/Melbourne or between the Reef (outside of Cairns) and Northern Territory (Kakadu). Leaning towards the North, however I am finding that the travel times (29+ hours!) to get between Katherine and Cairns are limiting the time we would get to spend at either location.

I much prefer to drive than fly so looking to condense our trip to cover less area. Here is where the request comes into play, is there anything we shouldn't overlook or is there anything else that may be more hype than necessary? I am drawn to the Northern Territory and Queensland but also know there is so much to see in the SE between Sidney and Melbourne/Tasmania. Looking to learn from anyone else's experience...

Thanks in advance for any information!
NO HELP...
But AUSTRALIA / NEW ZEALAND is on My (rapidly shrinking) BUCKET LIST..
My M.I.L. went there about 15 Years ago and RAVED about the whole deal..(cept the flights)

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
Go fish the Great barrier reef and give a report!
I've been researching New Zealand, heard lots of good things.
Good luck.

You live in some really ROUGH places Redleader. I hope you can get to New Zealand - you deserve to spend some time someplace nice for a change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts