Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen guys use an automatic jigging machine to put large spoons(without hooks) on to attract Kokanees at 11 mile. Any directions on how to make one? (these guys used an old winshield wiper motor)

·
Registered
935 Posts
You can make them from windshield wiper motor and a 12 V battery. Not that tough and not too expensive (since you can get them from a wrecking yard).

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cutthroat said:
You can make them from windshield wiper motor and a 12 V battery.  Not that tough and not too expensive (since you can get them from a wrecking yard).
Cutt:

You have more faith in my mechanical ability than I do.

·
Registered
935 Posts
lucky7 said:
Cutthroat said:
You can make them from windshield wiper motor and a 12 V battery.  Not that tough and not too expensive (since you can get them from a wrecking yard).
Cutt:

You have more faith in my mechanical ability than I do. 
There are other designs that might be even easier to deal with, and break down for easier transport.  Hmmm...  that's got me thinking, and unfortunately, that could dangerous.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have been working on a prototype of a machine for over a year now and plan on testing it this weekend while the action is still good for jigging baits. I figure I will try a few Rapala jigs and maybe cast masters / sweedish pimples.

Any recommendations on other baits to try?

I can't wait! It has been a lot of work and hours!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have designed this machine to be used with various jigs that have hooks.  It has several interchange pieces that you can use to vary the rate and depth of the jig movement.

To be honest, I had not even thought about using it with flashers to attract the fish. 

Sounds like a great idea!

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing what you've come up with. One of my ideas had interchangeable parts, and another would use other means to vary the speed and action.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
i saw a rig on the net last spring that used the wind to make the jiggin action, cant seem to find the link anymore

if i can track it down ill post it

·
Registered
935 Posts
Was it called a Windlass tip-up? That's the easiest sort of jigging machine, but does require a breeze (when is there not one???). I have some thoughts on wind-driven jigging devices, as well as electric jigging machines with built-in wind or solar generators to provide the power. Don't know if any of them will ever get built.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts