Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Who's going to make it out of the first round?

• Avalanche

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nuggets

• Both

• Neither

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great weekend. The weather is great and I get to say home and watch sports. Since I'm a huge sports fan I was wondering what everyone else thought. I want the Nuggets to get past the Clippers but the way the Avs played they look like they have a better chance.

And what about the Rockies???? :eek: :eek: :eek: I actually want to watch them again now that they are above .500. :p

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'd really like to see the nuggets move past the first round but the clippers have hammered them all season. The avs have won stanley cups before so they don't really have anything to prove in that department. Go Nuggets!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I would like to see both of them move past the first round but I might be dreaming there. At least the Mammoth (LAX)made it thru the first round and will host the divisional championship game next week.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, I should have added "Neither."

After watching that Nuggets game, I don't think they deserve to make to the next round. The game was not as close as the out come of the score in my opinion. I love the Nuggets but they are playing like a retarded dog, maybe the Clippers will shoot them out of their missery.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Major Detroit fan here. And by the way, we would have loved to play the Avs in the first round. The second round will do though. For all the Wings, Pistons and Tigers (Lions who??) fans out there...you need to try the Giggling Grizzly dowtown on 20th (right by the stadium). It is definitely the place to watch Detroit games (including MI and MIstate).

I have to give it up for the Avs though, 5 unanswered goals on the Stars is impressive. Lets hope they can keep it up (can't believe I said that but I want the Avs in round 2).

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I don't know Jay,...after seeing the Oilers have their way w/ the Wings...  I'm kinda sketch. I'm going to be hearing about it if the Avs make it further.  :-[

Waterfowler, I ate at a sportsbar (I think by Union Station) a few years back. Big Detroit fan base. I think it was called the"Tin Lizzy"? I'll have to try the Grizzly sometime. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I heard the Tin Lizzy changed its name and team following, guess not. I will have to check that one out.

I don't think the Oilers had there way. Out of 7.5 periods, Detroit controlled the pace in 5 of those. Now Pronger is another story. That guy had our number when he played for St. Louis, guess he still does. Our vets will turn it around.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
By the way guys, I by no means want to upset anyone. I just love the Wings and Hockey. I have a great deal of respect for the Avs. The two teams have provided some of the best games in 10 years.

How about college hockey? I went to Ferris State (a D2 school with a D1 hockey team). We played in the Wells Fargo Denver Cup vs. BC and Denver. Lost to BC in overtime and beat Denver. Not bad when you beat the 2-time defending champs....just my pride moment......man I love hockey.

·
Registered
248 Posts
2-0 avs and our goalie isnt even playing great yet the best is yet to come just wait till they really get it together

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Opie in goal for the Wings...not going to do it...I think I saw his widdle lip start to quiver and his eyes well up with tears when he let in that double OT goal tonight...I have friends that work for the Oilers...it fired up the Oilers big time when the Wings put second round tickets on sale before getting out of the first round...Thursday night in Edmonton ought to make tonights game sound about as loud as Sunday church...I will get a report tomorrow on what the bedlam was like...go Oil...put the Wings where they belong...another epic choke job like the 132 point season that went by the wayside!...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zman said:
K-Mart...what a waste of a 100 million dollars...can any of these guys hit the boards?...the NHL strike pissed me off...I gave up my season tickets...but what a contrast...at least the Avs have heart...the Nuggets have none...
zman i couldn't agree with you more. k mart deserves to sit the bench. he has been nothing but problems for the nuggets since he got here and the only time he shows up to play is when people are taking bad about him (refering to the piston game). after last game i lost all hope in the nuggets this season and now i'm pulling for the avs. go avs!!!!! after tonight we'll be up three games. ;D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
red wings suck go AVS
After they finish the Oilers...unfortunately they are going to suck us right out of the playoffs!...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts