Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all! I have been an outdoor junkie since I was born. Fished my whole life 100+ days a year between the ages of 16 and currently at 30 between hunting and fishing I am about the same. Have never been able to share any of that though with a significant other. So now I live in Nebraska and fell in love with a country girl who grew up on a cattle ranch in western Nebraska. Her and I have had a great time together so far and she even listens to my outdoor stories and when I am done says "that rules, tell me another" I am one lucky son of a gun. So now the magical day for wing shooters comes about. September 1st. She comes out to my farm and we spend the evening dove hunt together and she hunts birds for the first time in her life. She has got a big ass grin on her face in full camo clothes before she even fires the first shot at a dove. She misses the first two and a few pointers of encouragement from me and the next bird that comes by she smokes. Now this folks is as good as it gets. I am barely even hunting at this stage, I just sit there helping her so that she has the best experience possible. Next bird comes by and she smokes it too. All in all she went 3 for 6 on her first ever dove shoot and even helps us boys clean em when we get back to the house. Eats supper with the men and has blood past her wrists when she is cleaning birds. The best part is now she is hooked. She like nascar and I think it is a bunch of guys turning left, but atleast she has passions and wants to share in mine too. We are hunting again tomorrow for the morning shoot and I can't wait to just sit next to her and watch that morning sunrise with the beating of wings in the pre-dawn light. I am truly blessed and had to share, I found the one for me!
Works all day
Hunts in the evening
Cleans birds
Sleeps next to me at night

Giving up the second day of dove hunting to hang out with her parents, priceless!
Craig

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
you lucky son of a gun!

i figure shes perffect or crazzy! i hope the first! you better take care of her!

thanks for remining me there are a few out there!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Sounds too good to be true! Or am I just jealous because you are a lucky man?

Though one thing I did notice at the picnic. Many of us are lucky enough to have spouses/significant others who are very tolerant of our vices.

I actually do believe you!

Dan

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Dan said:
Many of us are lucky enough to have spouses/significant others who are very tolerant of our vices.
:D

Yep.. Just got back from a two day elk trip. I'm goin again next weekend and then for a 4 day weekend the following weekend. I come back to rolling eyes and scrunched eyebrows, but a good meal to keep the balance.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the good words. She indeed might be crazy if she likes huntin, fishin and hangin out with me but she certaily might be perfect as well. She shot 4 doves Monday night and then we ate T-bone steak and red wine. It just doesn't get much better then this folks. She smiles at me Monday night and the sunset to the west was just spectacular, so I tell her to stand infront of my winter wheat field so I can take her picture all cute in camo. I take her picture and lower the camera from my face and there is a dove coming strait at us, she picks up the gun turns 180 and smokes the thing. Smiles at me and says" This rules baby, I can't wait to go duck hunting with you" ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts