Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
They are ok they seem to loosen up over time...and ice jigs do come loose...

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Whatever you use-I put those little packets you get in shipping packages that cut down on the moisture level and keep your hooks from rusting.

Not as much of a problem in CO but it sure is in TX.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Thanks! They look nice. I am not sure which direction I am going with my ice gear... it's a mess!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are ok they seem to loosen up over time...and ice jigs do come loose...
Got anything better captain negative?

Thanks!

Thanks! They look nice. I am not sure which direction I am going with my ice gear... it's a mess!
Im right there with you. This is 100x better than the mess of **** I had before. I ordered mine from http://www.customjigs.com/icefishing/accessories/rosecreek_boxes.html
only because I was getting some other things from them. Im going to order more spoon boxes now that I've tried them. I dont have nearly as many jigs as I do hard lures, and I love the way these hold them

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
What is the problem with a normal tackle tray and putting the jigs in those, seems like they would hold much more and are much cheaper

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Got anything better captain negative?
Wasnt being negative just letting whoever know what happens over time and also if you dont want a mess before you fill it up, pry the sides up carefully and re-glue thoroughly...because over the course of a season the weight of the jigs will pull one or both sides loose...I bought three of them at the beginning of last winter to organize my little stuff for ice...I am 50-50 on whether I would buy them again because they are pricey...but I am a find it organization freak and it does piss me off that they come loose...great idea but it needs refinement or maybe there is a better mousetrap out there that I havent found yet...

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Cheap fly box or small plano works much better.

Your "solution" sucks.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Wasnt being negative just letting whoever know what happens over time and also if you dont want a mess before you fill it up, pry the sides up carefully and re-glue thoroughly...because over the course of a season the weight of the jigs will pull one or both sides loose...I bought three of them at the beginning of last winter to organize my little stuff for ice...I am 50-50 on whether I would buy them again because they are pricey...but I am a find it organization freak and it does piss me off that they come loose...great idea but it needs refinement or maybe there is a better mousetrap out there that I havent found yet...

I don't see it as negative, more like an honest opinion on a product he had expierience with..

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whoa, just bustin Zballz. Didn't put a smiley after. Lmao. The gluing is a good idea. I found them on iceshanty, people gave good reviews. Thanks for the info mark.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tried pulling the sides up on mine. they aint moving. also, are you putting the jigs in correctly?

also looked at these but went with the rose creek.,so far i like em and they work for me.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/181261084797?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Ok maybe it was just a problem with the 1st batch or something that happens with time with the glue...

are you putting the jigs in correctly?
oh crap youre right! after looking at your picture I was squeezing the lead head into those little slits rather than the hook!!!!...

lol <SARCASM!> NOT!!!!!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok maybe it was just a problem with the 1st batch or something that happens with time with the glue...

oh crap youre right! after looking at your picture I was squeezing the lead head into those little slits rather than the hook!!!!...

lol <SARCASM!> NOT!!!!!

I was being serious, there is a direction the hook goes in. But sounds like you know that though, a lot of people miss that point. Just trying to be helpful from what I had read of others having issues with jigs falling out. And don't go by my picture, mine are in ass backwards as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts