I was sitting around watching YouTube or something earlier today and realized I could be fishing instead. I remembered hearing that one of the local spots had just been stocked so I decided to try it out. In the past, I have done very well at this spot using an indicator and a couple nymphs. This place isn't known for big fish but it is known for high numbers. I started out with different nymphs like a green copper john. When that didn't work, I tried something red. And then I tried eggs, natural looking nymphs, etc with no luck. There were some fish rising so I threw on a caddis-like pattern and got some action. It was few and far between, though, so I decided to throw on a streamer. I forgot what this particular streamer is called but it's yellow, orange and brownish with yellow wacky legs. It's a great craw pattern and I've done very well with it in the past. After throwing it for a while and stripping it in with no real luck, I decided I would try and make it look more like a crayfish. I casted it out and once I was sure it was on the bottom, I stripped it once or twice fairly quickly and let it settle back down. I would let it sit for a few seconds and then repeat. I got a few fish with this technique but it still wasn't working like I had hoped. I then decided to tie on an olive leech pattern and whipped it out. It was unweighted so it didn't fall to the bottom as quickly. I didn't do much stripping at all and basically just let it sit and every once in a while moved it a bit. They finally started crushing it. There was one period where I was getting bit every cast. Ended up with well over twenty mid-day and missed a bunch as well. It was nice to get out and get some on the fly again. On the way home there were some elk in our front yard so I took a couple pics.