Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buck caught this 24.5" beast on 4# line and a UL rod... Wasn't expecting this guy at all!!! Battle was epic. Took a looong time to wear him out, but he was brought in, photographed, revived, and released to catch another day.

I caught a 21" cat and a 9" gill today too. Buck outfishes me again. :)

(rvinson hooking me up again with the pic post... Coming soon)

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thx guys. :)

PB for Buck on gills and cat. PB for me on shellcracker.

I'm going to try the fly rod at sister's pond and go for my first 100 fish day ever.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's because I haven't started work yet. Once that happens, I'll be working 6-7 days a week.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thinking about night fishing it tonight.... Don't know whether to bring jerk baits or sinkers and worms. I haven't ever fished for LMBs on purpose... Just never saw the appeal... But a big one would be fun to catch at night. Then again, I can't recall any night fishing LMB reports, so I don't know if they're even active late at night.

Probably just some J hooks and a couple quarter oz sinkers... See what turns up.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Nice Oprah! Slaying some fish
LMB def eat at night...
Jerkbaits might work... Spinnerbaits are a good choice. Even weightless tubes

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Throw dark baits at night, jerks, spinnerbaits, or swimbaits. Bucket mouths love the dark stuff at night...

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
JITTERBUG and BUZZBAIT. Hands down at night. Nothing like a quiet night then when your minding your own business listening to the soothing sound of a buzzbait, then a loud ass crash and buzz bait hooked up.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Really?? I've caught very few fish on a Jitterbug.... Guess I need to work on my presentation or something!! Or maybe it's just because I prefer the Hula Popper myself..... I have confidence in it so obviously I use it WAY more.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Really?? I've caught very few fish on a Jitterbug.... Guess I need to work on my presentation or something!! Or maybe it's just because I prefer the Hula Popper myself..... I have confidence in it so obviously I use it WAY more.
Hula Popper would be my third. I just like the chug the jitterbug makes. Black or frog pattern.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Didn't get out that night... but here is my 21" cat to round out the backyard pond documentation up to this point.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts