Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't do as I expected at Spinney and after seeing slayers fish from the North Platte I'm not even posting pics...  Did manage to catch one big trout out of 30 stockers.  They were keeping me buzzy though.  Threw hymphs and metal all day.  Looks like the last time going up for me.  It was pretty iced over and colder than ice with wind.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Bad day at spinney

the lake was iced over? how much? any ice on 11mile yet?

·
Registered
174 Posts

Hey man, this isn't a big-fish only club! Don't withold cool pics just because the fish don't meet some imaginary size limit...

Here's a pic of a 10" cutthroat. I'll take a couple of these over a skunk anyday!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

thanks man, it wont be long now, i ear another front is comin through

nice fish, ill take 1 fish over none any day, and three over 2 and so on so forth

good job

thanks for the info

·
Registered
174 Posts

That top fish is a fatty! ;D

Look by my thumb on the cutty pic - you'll see the beginning of the slash. I know it's unusual coloration for a cutthroat. Definately not a greenback or a rio grande, probably a colorado river cutthroat.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

atownbasser look at the orange cutt underneath the jaw. Its pretty bright

·
Registered
24,552 Posts

Yeah you dont usually see a rainbow with big full body spots...especially on the belly...a giveaway to check behind the gills for the slash that you can see by his thumb...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
They just recently threw in like 50,000 12-14 inch rainbows in there. They tend to be a nuisance this time of year!

I need to get up there this weekend one last time!

·
Registered
935 Posts

basshunter said:
That top fish is a fatty!   ;D

Look by my thumb on the cutty pic - you'll see the beginning of the slash.  I know it's unusual coloration for a cutthroat.  Definately not a greenback or a rio grande, probably a colorado river cutthroat.
Nope, not a Colorado River Cutthroat. Maybe a yellowstone cutt or a cuttbow.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I caught this cuthroat this year.  I know there are colorado river, rio grande, and greenbacks.  But that fish above looks nothing like this one.  I am not saying you guys are wrong, I have just never seen a cuthroat with that kind of coloration.  Maybe it is a cutbow, I have never got caught one of those to my knowledge.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wonmorefish,

Nice Bow!! I think that is the fattest football shaped trout I have ever seen....I would love to catch 30 in one day at spinney...everytime I go I only catch a few or none...nice job..just hearing about the ice in your report raised my blood pressure...bring on the ice!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts