Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my ass kicked today at Aurora :mad: I had a 40mph wind blowing into the dam from the south. Usually I do really well in this condition, but not tonight. Not a single Eye in four frigid hours,

Zman got there about 5:30 and we fished till almost close to no avail. The wind and waves were so intense I could barely cast more than 10 yards. Hooked one fish snap jigging a Kroc and then nothing for four hours ??? At least I got a skunk out of the way!

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Shucks! I figured you guys might stick a few in that wind. :p

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Lol better than me! Was there yesterday walked a long walk with stroller lol took the 2 year old. No wind all glass. No even a single tap. Pushing a stroller through mud is no fun! At least the kid had fun throwing all the worms into the lake haha.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Walleye chop is good. Wind above 25 mph is NOT. It doesn't turn off the fish, but it makes a quality presentation impossible.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I almost went back out there again this evening once the wind kicked back up. We were on the dam in the AM and got 1 short 'eye real quick, then nothing... Tough day for sure. Saw a few boats bag some MRT's and that was it.

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
I have done ok out there in hurricane winds in the past but you have to jump on it early it seems...not after it has been doing it for awhile...

Hook n Line...its funny I had my best day ever out there for eyes...a 6, 8, and 9 pound eyes on a smooth as glass late morning...weird place you just never know...

You gotta kiss a lot of frogs to catch a few toads...it was nice to get out and walk the shoreline...its been awhile...lots of floating junk to get on your lure every cast...that makes it doubly miserable after dark...

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
zman said:
I have done ok out there in hurricane winds in the past but you have to jump on it early it seems...not after it has been doing it for awhile...

Hook n Line...its funny I had my best day ever out there for eyes...a 6, 8, and 9 pound eyes on a smooth as glass late morning...weird place you just never know...

You gotta kiss a lot of frogs to catch a few toads...it was nice to get out and walk the shoreline...its been awhile...lots of floating junk to get on your lure every cast...that makes it doubly miserable after dark...
Thanks for rubbing it in!!! lol jk man that gives me hope haha.

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Hook n Line...wasnt my intention...I bet I have a 100 days of skunk o rama to go with that one shining day...you just never know was my point...namely the point this thread...we have lots of getting our arses handed to us...it is so much tougher in town to stick a pig than the wilds of Canada...

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
Ok I left a zero off...you happy now?...even more when you include 1 17 incher trips...eyes in daylight only place from shore...

And to paraphrase Herb Brooks in Miracle...dont you got plenty to keep you busy watching the Bronco game?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts