Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now that i'm getting into bas fishing a little more i need to know wat the bass feed on seasonaly.thanx

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I think it depends on the lake. Like Quincy they eat perch and craws as well as other small fish. Cherry creek and Chatfield id say they eat craws and shad.

I think it all depends on the lake

-Jay

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
if the lake has shad i have read that the bass may key on the young of the year shad early but by the end of the year most of the shad have grown to large for all but the toads.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
If fishing at any of the Metro area reservoirs, in a few weeks it will become harder to catch any bass or walleye because of the shad. They are just fry right now but growing fast. When they reach 1-2 inches in length, most fish particulary bass and walleye will target them. To catch the bass, watch for the bass busting schools of shad and cast a shad rap or dead minnow to them. If you use a dead minnow put it about 2 feet below a slip bobber and give it some good twitches about 15 seconds after it lands.

Dan

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys but like wats in the arsenal?And wat about local ponds like prospect park ponds(wheatridge)?Or pella?.thanx again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts