Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
What if you get a little more than planned?
Circle hooks are anything but guaranteed. Especially when a rod is just sitting

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Yeah, a big laker can take a bait and the circle hook down to the gullet before she ever swims away..not allowing the circle hook to work as advertised. Although more difficult to catch during the spawn, I'm not too sure why you're under the assumption that big lakers can't be caught from shore this time of year.

Keep all of the little lakers you can catch within legal limits.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, a big laker can take a bait and the circle hook down to the gullet before she ever swims away..not allowing the circle hook to work as advertised. Although more difficult to catch during the spawn, I'm not too sure why you're under the assumption that big lakers can't be caught from shore this time of year.

Keep all of the little lakers you can catch within legal limits.
It's not that I think it's impossible. But it seems highly unlikely right now at least based on everything I've seen and read and what not.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Even though less likely to be interested in feeding, this time of year shore fishermen have greater access to lake trout..including big lakers....same as at ice off. Water temps have cooled and lakers..including large females have moved in close to shore to spawn.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.