Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to try to hit Granby (or maybe Wolford) tomorrow. 8)

Found some sucker meat at Discount. In baggies (not shrink wrapped), :-\ but not all freezer burned like the last time I checked there a few weeks ago. They also had some nice wax worms, and the fish I was after really preferred those over the meal worms on my last trip.

Went to the Englewood WalMart from there and just happened to find (drum roll) shoepeg corn! I've been looking for this for years. It was right there on the bottom shelf, Green Giant brand. ;D

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
What the hell is shoepeg corn? I have asked a thousand people and never get the same answer, except it is corn and comes in a can.

So... canned corn? ??? What makes it "shoepeg?"

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Is it legal? I know kokanee anglers tip their jigs with corn but corn swells up in fish's stomachs and they can't pass it causing stomach problems. I know it is illegal in some states for bait not sure about Colo. I have caught lakers with corn in their stomachs so it appeared some clown was chumming with it.

·
Registered
16,495 Posts
perfectly legal. Except when you throw it down the hole. Then its considered chumming.
Its ILLEGAL to possess while fishing in Wyoming.

·
Registered
681 Posts
It's been available at Wal-Mart for years. There is a also a Super Sweet Shoepeg available from time to time...the can is labeled as Grande I believe.

It's the go-to-must have bait at The Blue Mesa when fishing for Kokes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts