Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a quality bait shop around the pueblo reservoir? I saw a few places posted online but they don't open until later in the morning? How do they expect to sell bait? I know the south marina sells Minows but Im coming in through pueblo west to fish turkey creek and I really don't feel like paying 7 dollars to go in to the park just to pick up bait.. any info will be helpful thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I have to go in to the park for bait I will but I see that that the marina doesn't open until 8 anyway?? I'd like to have a few fish in the cooler by then??

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
you're screwed pretty much.. the bait shops just haven't ever succeeded in Pueblo.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
If you head to the Springs, Roadrunner Bait is your best bet. Really nice lady...sells minnows, crawlers, and leeches out of her garage. She provides the majority of minnows to the southern front range including those sold by Anglers Covey and the North Marina.

Always get more than you pay for with reasonable...best prices around.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/colorado-springs-co/roadrunner-bait-L0105958859.htm

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
If you head to the Springs, Roadrunner Bait is your best bet. Really nice lady...sells minnows, crawlers, and leeches out of her garage. She provides the majority of minnows to the southern front range including those sold by Anglers Covey and the North Marina.

http://www.superpages.com/bp/colorado-springs-co/roadrunner-bait-L0105958859.htm
x2... the gal and her husband Ray are the salt-of-the-earth folks!
Great bait for a great price by the dozen or by the thousand.
Welcome back Hobie!!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts

HOBIE sighting!!!!

Right on man....

How ya doin? And the GOAT?

Glad to see you are back.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I appreciate all the info, looks like my only option is to pick up some minnows the night before so I'll head to road runner bait tonight. Hopefully the fish are biting!! Turkey creek on Tuesday and Wednesday, tight lines everyone.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Isn't turkey creek down off of 115? I'm driven there a couple times and always get lost. Spend ten minutes and then say to hell with it andgo to the hollow

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
HOBIE sighting!!!!

Right on man....

How ya doin? And the GOAT?

Glad to see you are back.
Been doing well. Yvette's doing great. Still hiking and biking...even been learning to play the guitar over the past year. Fishing's been great so far this spring. I've hit Pueblo eight times. Caught a personal best walleye..

Byron, the walleye are hot right now. Last Wednesday I caught 35 with 17 over eighteen out of my toon...Went back Thursday on Batman's boat and we caught another eighty five or so...should have had more than a hundred. Get out there if you can.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Damn Hobie good to see you're still around. Hope to run into you in my yak at Pueblo soon.
You can't miss me...Just look for the little toon with the gas and electric motor..

Do you still have your floatcat? If you do and you'd like to sell it, I may have a buyer.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
LOL-I just bought it last fall. After looking for one for over 3 years I have zero ambition to sell it. Especially after seeing some of the cool light weight add ons you came up with for yours. I intend on using it on those that don't allow any kind of motor mostly. But, want to have a trolling motor set-up for when I don't want to haul the kayak trailer around.

Shoot me a PM. We'll have to meet up and chase some kittys.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got back from pueblo thanks for pointing me to road runner bait they were very nice. Fishing is pretty good, ended with 2 walleye, 8 crappie, 1 wiper, and I threw back 15 bass. Get out their when you can!

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Unless you want lots of company in your spot, you should be careful showing background structures in your pics... good catch. :cool:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts