Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read alot about people looking for a good place to buy bait, so I wanted to share something. For sucker, shad-like bait I go to the Asian grocery stores. They have a great selection of smelt, shad, and other 4 -8 inch fish that a guy could cut into strips for sucker meat. Plus, all the shrimp and anything else. I bought a pack of 4-5 inch shad - probably about 20 per pack for $3 or so. I used them all last year, froze the left overs and they are ripe for fishing this year still. Cheap way to get sucker meat. $1 for a 4" sucker at a bait shop seems awful expensive. Plus, they have all sorts of instant soups, etc... cheap. I live in Broomfield, so I go to the OPM (ocean pacific market) at 120 ave/Main st - across the street from Safeway. But there are many oriental grocery stores around. Many in Aurora. Just go to the frozen food section. Hope this helps someone.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Also a great place to buy bait when you arent ice fishings, usually can get shrimp, mussels, and crawdads there pretty cheap.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
are there any good asian markets in the springs or pueblo?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the Springs definately - because of the Air Force base and the asian population there. Or - even at the Air Force Academy. I'm not real familiar with the Springs - I just go to the commissary down there every now and then. I would say to look in the yellow pages under grocery. Pueblo - I don't know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts