Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a baitcast setup that would allow me to throw 1/4 oz. to 3/4 oz. swimbaits and jerkbaits. I have a couple of heavier setups that I used last year, but I was not real happy with how they felt or how far I could cast. I would want something that I could run 10-14lb braid on and be able to cast a good distance. I would prefer a rod in the 7' range and medium action. I have looked at different baitcast reels and I have no idea what I am looking for. I would be able to select the rod, but complete setup suggestions would be welcome. I also would like to keep the setup below $200. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I can't say anything bad about the Shimano Curado Reels. The brakes (6 each) can be turned on or off to suit you.

There are so many rods to choose from in Casting. The Quantum's and Lamiglass Rods I have are okay, not too expensive.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Below $200 will be tough for quality gear. A Citica is a good reel in the $100 range, and you could pair that with a Compre, also $100 ish. Best stuff I can think of at that price.

ha ha FishLip beat me to it... ::)

SS

·
Registered
582 Posts
Invest in your baitcaster setup if your serious. Dont own a decent combo, own the combo you want.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Citica can be found for 95-100....
New shimano one can be found for 80ish I think.
Bps carbonlite reel has had good reviews.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts