Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,760 Posts
ePiC said:
I use to make my own stink baits and blood baits, mostly when I butchered my own chickens.. move to the city dont do that anymore. 
i used to attempt to make my own catfish stinkbaits, but in the end i was spending more money on the ingredients than it would have cost me to just go buy some commercial made types...so i gave it up. in colorado ive had more luck with just organic stuff (liver, cutbait, and shrimp) so i dont even fish stinkbaits anymore when i do catfish...

· Registered
2,760 Posts
ePiC said:
I have yet to figure out the catfish here in Colorado.
Me too..ive tried and tried but never really figured them out...its a different game than back east. they were a bit more numerous and also predictable there it seemed. I used to fish alot out by the Delta compound at Ft Bragg...you should know where that is ePiC...Wyatt Lake? that was a blast...it was managed for catfish, and while it was a small lake it had some HUGE fish in it...some were upwards of 30 lbs, if not bigger. here im happy to catch anything over 10...and those are rare too it seems, at least at the end of my line. Here ive noticed its alot of hit and miss...and the one place i do catch them depends a lot on timing and water levels...

· Registered
2,760 Posts
roadkill said:
10 pounds man id love to hook a cat that size im happy if i can get a couple 2 pounders for the fryer my best colorado cats was in the 4 pound range so far and i let him go maybe he will grow up for next time
if you think i catch those 10 lbers all the time i have mislead you lol

most of the cats i catch here are more like...10 inches ;)

· Registered
2,760 Posts
I used to fish the Cape Fear quite a bit...Buckhorn was a popular place, but also out near Sanford and the other side of Fayette-Nam. i also did quite a bit of cat fishing out at Camp Mackall...lots of options for cats around there, thats for sure.

the cape fear had to of held some huge cats...but for some reason i did better in the lakes around there. i like catfishing in rivers, i wish there was that option around here...unless there are cats in the south platte that i dont know about as of yet

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.