Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
I use to make my own stink baits and blood baits, mostly when I butchered my own chickens.. move to the city dont do that anymore.

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
I have yet to figure out the catfish here in Colorado.

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
Rottal said:
ePiC said:
I have yet to figure out the catfish here in Colorado.
Me too..ive tried and tried but never really figured them out...its a different game than back east. they were a bit more numerous and also predictable there it seemed.   I used to fish alot out by the Delta compound at Ft Bragg...you should know where that is ePiC...Wyatt Lake?  that was a blast...it was managed for catfish, and while it was a small lake it had some HUGE fish in it...some were upwards of 30 lbs, if not bigger.  here im happy to catch anything over 10...and those are rare too it seems, at least at the end of my line.  Here ive noticed its alot of hit and miss...and the one place i do catch them depends a lot on timing and water levels... 
Dont you mean range 19? hehe. Me and one of my buddies use to fish that lake almost every chance we got. Or we hit up the Cape Fear for the flatheads.
But being from Nebraska and having the platte in my backyard, the cats just seem so different here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.