Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6,955 Posts
i like to tie my own flys just got a new vice and hope to be back in bussiness soon. i need a bunch of hoppers and some small foam poppers

also i used to cast my own worms mostly grub boddies but havent done that in years

ive been known to whip up a few spinners mostly the "colorado" spinner which is just a couple swivels and a blade and split ring

ive been wanting to try carving some topwater baits but will wait till i find a good spot to fish them before taking the time

· Registered
6,955 Posts
the only thing ive figured out on the local cats is they taste just as good as the ones i caught back in CA maybe better!

· Registered
6,955 Posts
back in my saltwater days i made a batch of chum by running about 30 fish carcasses (tuna yellowtail and dorado) thru my garden shreder it was a hot day and buy the time i was done the thick soup of ground fish was bubling from the fermenting i guess but i froze it and it shure brought in the bait but it took me weeks to clean the shredder ended up having to disasemble the darn thing and pressure wash it with hot water and then dunk each piece in a tube of bleach water just to keep the nieghbor off my back

· Registered
6,955 Posts
10 pounds man id love to hook a cat that size im happy if i can get a couple 2 pounders for the fryer my best colorado cats was in the 4 pound range so far and i let him go maybe he will grow up for next time

· Registered
6,955 Posts
id be happy with one especialy if i had my digi cam with me for proof

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.