Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the banjo minnow really work?

I just ment another avid fishermen today and they  swear by the banjo minnow?

Does this TV infomercial fishing lure really work?

TH

If so what species, and where?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I've had great luck with it on LM bass, crappie and brown trout in tennessee, but haven't tried it out here, my stock ran low. Do you know where I can get more?
It's really more of a shallow water lure though, I bet it would slay the walleyes in the Chatfield spillway.
All in all, i've had good luck with them, but it may just be that, luck.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I have caught rainbows, pike, walleye, bass, bluegill, green sunfish, and other species of banjo minnows before. They work, oh yes there is no doubt about that. However, they don't cast very far and their hooking system isn't very good. A zoom super fluke is a superior lure and is of the same "type".
Hope this helps.

·
0 Posts
E-Bay has the banjo Minnow and replacement for cheaper than they sell in the stores

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow suprizing something from an infomercial does what it says...

I will try the e-bay maybe I can just buy a couple to tryout.

Thanks all

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Any lure works if you fish it long enough... the test is to put it up against another lure at the same time.

·
Registered
213 Posts
VolFan said:
It's really more of a shallow water lure though, I bet it would slay the walleyes in the Chatfield spillway.
Yes it does. My first walleye and last walleye so far of my life were caught in the spillway on 5" chartruese banjo minnows. It was early summer when it was flowing really well and I would cast straight out across the water, let it float down the river a bit to where when I start to twitch and pull in where I was getting bites. I caught about three in an hour on it, it was really late though, around 9:30 or 10.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I used to buy the 3/32 oz Goper Mushroom heads poured on a 2/0 Gami wide gap hook. But then I found the same jighead on a 3/0 Gami at Gander Mountain.

At that weight I get a little better casting distance and much better hook sets with the hook exposed! The Banjo Minnow works great rigged that way! So does a Zoom Fluke or a Fin S Fish.

·
Registered
943 Posts
i've never caught anything on them so i must not be fishing them right. i do own the video that came with them and i still haven't caught anything

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Fish the Banjo minnow quickly with lots of short twitchs, keep it moving! The way I fish it , with a jighead, I try not to let it drop much. Flukes are better on the drop.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts