Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Banner lakes today (Friday) to try for some bass. I ended up mixing my day up. I fished the lakes south of Highway 52 as the north lakes are closed for hunting. I fished with my spinnerbaits, bucktails grubs, and hula poppers. I caught 9 bass. The biggest was 14". The smallest was around 5". They all went back. I caught most on the bucktail grub and a couple on the spinnerbait and hula poppers. They fought okay. Seemed a little lethargic to me. I fished the first, second, and third lakes. Then I called it a day to fish for some bullheads. I was hope that maybe one pike still existed in the third lake but no luck. I guess they were all caught out ten years ago. The DOW does no stocking of any kind on these lakes. I think pike would help with the overpopulation of sunfish, bullheads, and bass.
Anyways, I went fishing for bullheads. I started on the second lake south of the highway. I started out fishing tight lines on the bottom with no luck. I switched to a slip float floating works, livers, and Gulp worms. Had a few hits on the worms and livers but slammed them on the Gulp worms. I caught 32 bullheads all together. One was a 13" keeper, but I put him back. A small child will appreciate me for this some day. They have more fun anyways. The rest were from 3" to 8". Nice sized bait for cats. But since I have no way of keeping them alive during the winter they all went back.
All in all I fished 10 hours and did pretty good!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add some other info. It was overcast with some sprinkles. I don't know the exact water temp but lets say it was COLD! And I fished every spot on all three lakes that gave me access to the lake.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it? I have been fishing it for years and have never read or been told about that. I'll check the regs again. I've made mistakes like this before! LOL Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
g. Fishing is prohibited from the opening of the first regular duck season through the last day of the migratory waterfowl season.
h. Public access is prohibited from the first day of the regular waterfowl season to the day before the first day of pheasant season except for waterfowl hunting on Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays and legal holidays. During this period waterfowl hunting is by reservation only. Reservations may be made by calling 1-800-846-9453 or through the Division of Wildlife web site (www. wildlife.state.co.us). Reservations are not accepted more than 14 days nor less than 48 hours in advance of the hunt date. Failure to hunt a reserved area without prior cancellation may cause forfeiture of privilege to make reservations for the remainder of the hunting season. Using the reservation system, hunters are limited to a maximum of one reservation per hunt date and one reservation per phone call. Reservations are not transferable. The individual named on the reservation must be at the property on the day of the hunt and be a licensed hunter. Hunters must follow check-in and check-out procedures as posted at that property. Access allowed only through designated parking areas.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uh Oh! I've been fishing it this time of year for years. I guess I'm done there until spring! Thanks ePIC! I appreciate your help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts