Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I deceided to take the wife cat fishing last night. I am new to the area so im not real sure if that was the best place or not because we did more fishing than catching but i cant complain it was nice night out and it was good to get out of the house. we fished the big poond for about three hours with out a nibble we used crawlers and strike kings dynamite dough bait. overall it was good to spend some qt with the wife. any info where i can catch some cats would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
943 Posts
i fished all weekend and didnt get one bite. hopefully some of the other guys in here can help. good luck

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I have caught catfish at Barbour Ponds from May till Fall.  I find that you generally do better for them in the largest pond (To the North) but in the shallow water. (about 4-5 deep) Either on the west end near where all the brush sticks out of the water or on the south and east end where the brush is.  The murkier the water the better I seem to do.  Drop a crawler or minnow on the bottom or just above it with slip bobber. 

Dan

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips. sounds like i was at the right spot. just bad timing appreciate all the advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts