Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[ going to barnes meadow tomorrow the 31st never fished it. any ideas where to go and what to use? sorry new to this site just heard it the other day on am950 with terry wickstrom. not a typer either but love to fish.[ice fish more than open water}

·
Registered
943 Posts
welcome i have always had luck on salmon eggs there or red spoons.

·
Registered
935 Posts
It's across highway 14 from Chambers Lake, in Larimer County. Had a fish kill due to low water two or three years ago, but was refilled, restocked, and some good-sized fish are starting to show up again.

·
Registered
935 Posts
No, you can't drive on the ice, and a snowmobile is probably overkill. You park on Highway 14, and it's only about 60 yards down a trail to get on the ice. It's easy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
fished it 2 weeks ago. noon to 4. was all alone. fished the middle of the cove where the path comes in from highway. Drilled 2 holes. jigged a swedish pimple to draw them in and 7--15" rainbows hit the deadstick size #12 orange rat fink with salmon egg. Good Luck

·
Registered
904 Posts
duckdog72, Me and my buddy Charlie are going there tommorrow as well. Going to see if we can get into Chambers also. I'll have a Red Ford and on the ice will have a Fish Trap Pro (Blue) and a Frabill (black). Hope to meet you.
Dan

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hit Barnes Meadow yesterday. Caught around 30 rainbows. Most were 5-7" long. A few up to 16". Fished 12' of water with small gitzit tipped with a waxie. Also uses a small Swedish pimple tipped with waxie with good results. Weather was snowy and ice was 12" with a foot of slush on top. Good action, but small fish.
Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts