Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
I've tried to track it and the only thing I can say is full and new moon fishing for me has been horrible. Barometric pressure has not been a factor for trout but now that I'm picking up walleye fishing I guess a steady barometer for a few days helps. Like others have said I go fishing when I can go, not based on much else...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have noticed that trout bite all the time. Pre, during, and post frontal. Warm-water species seem to be tougher on post frontal conditions.
I agree. There doesn't seem to be a need to time windows for trout based on fronts or moon phase. Other species are way different. Obviously there are no guarantees, but amazing things seem to happen at dawn/dusk on a full/new moon as a major weather change is impending/happening. Too bad the opportunity to fish a situation like that only happens about once a year for the average person.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've never considered the barometric pressures or moon phase or anything. I just go out and fish when I got the time. But like b.reelz i'm interested and curious if there's books out there that people have read or does everybody just google the hell out of it and read whats online. Knowledge is power ya know. I've noticed books are usually the way to go so if anyone knows of a good book that explains all this please put it in here i'd love to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
16,819 Posts
I've never considered the barometric pressures or moon phase or anything. I just go out and fish when I got the time. But like b.reelz i'm interested and curious if there's books out there that people have read or does everybody just google the hell out of it and read whats online. Knowledge is power ya know. I've noticed books are usually the way to go so if anyone knows of a good book that explains all this please put it in here i'd love to know. Thanks.
Google solunar tables. Then read about them.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts