Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished Barr on the night of the 20th for cats. got there about 8pm and fished near the dam, but the wind was up some and we had problems keeping the bait on the bottom (liver and crawlers). i had a few weak hits, but overall i think the chop kept a lot of the fish from coming into the shallows. i think the area we fished was only about 2 feet deep at the most as the water hasnt come down enough to hit my usual favorite spots. we moved around some, but in the end only ended up with one small carp...once the wind died down it was nice though...the full moon was awesome. we left at around 1am...ill try it again next week, hopefully there is no wind and the water drops a little more...

T

·
0 Posts
I guess I didn't miss much. Is it a pretty good walk from the parking to where you were fishing?

Has you ever fished from that canal? I fished there 2 years ago and there was alot of fish jumping and surfacing in that canal.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Rottal said:
i think the area we fished was only about 2 feet deep at the most as the water hasnt come down enough to hit my usual favorite spots.
When I fished Blue lake I saw a guy put waders on wade out cast his pole then leave tge bail open walk back to shore and close the bail take off the waders. I thought it was pretty funny looking, maybe you should try it. :p

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
fishinguitars said:
I dont think they allow wading in barr
Oh sorry officer, I want wading I was casting. :p

Yeah it would be hard to cast that way if you cant wade at that lake, oh well. If the water level is anything like the lakes around here it should go down soon.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i don't think the rangers would mind that especially after ten when they go home since they will never know. It's like the tree falling in a forest when no one is around. okay bad analogy but im sure you get my drift.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to a game warden out there one night, he said he had no problems with wading...but warned me to use an old pair or waders since the water can get nasty. in fact he said he saw a dog there come down with some sort of skin ailment that came from the water...but who knows. i believe him its nasty though, when the wind is down that place smells like..well, in polite terms ill call it "poo". there is also a light green algae that coats the shoreline on occasion, it looks like 5 inch deep alien slime..kinda like green yogurt...and it is sometimes completely covering the shore making it impossible to fish. its hard to get off your clothes and rods also, so dont let it dry on your gear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts