Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Same as last week...fished it from around 6:30 pm to about 2:30 am...it was a nice night, no wind and warm...but the cats were not cooperating. caught one carp about 10 or 12 lbs, and my buddy almost lost his rod in the drink when something nailed it and it took off like a javelin (he ran in after it and managed to step on it to stop it before it got too deep...it was enteraining to watch, at least) but other than that we only had a few soft hits all evening. im guessing if i try it again it will be exactly opposite as far as times...instead of early evening ill hit it early morning to see if they are more active then. i talked to one guy who fished it last weekend (the same time i did in fact, he was in a boat about 150 yards out in the same place all night...) and he said he was marking alot of big fish out in the deeper water, but nothing in shallow (where i was at, of course...) he said he caught one fish, but that was it...

so...pretty much skunked, other than a carp.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
WAs your friend all stinky from the water? I always count the carp if its a skunk if I dont count it. :p

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think so either...for some reason i just dont get excited about catching them--which is funny, i like catching just about everything else :D

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jay_In_Parker said:
It counts!! Trout dont count!!!!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]
lol...Jay, i knew you were going to be the first to respond to my carp comment lol

"I am the Anti-Carp"

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
lol...Jay, i knew you were going to be the first to respond to my carp comment lol
"I am the Anti-Carp"

LoL......

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive heard of a few being caught there...but nothing in any great number

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
fishingkats said:
carp dont count
but can they add?

you can count carp if you have ever eaten one

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
so 5 ten pounders still dont count? lol

C

·
0 Posts
In regards to the times you were fishing there, catfish generally have two peak times: usually rising to about midnight then falling off until four when they pick up until 9:00 am. I have witnessed this patteren first hand and have found it to be true.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, ive heard of that...the fish out at Barr are tough to figure out it seems though, i cant seem to pattern them for more than a few days at a time. last year i did well right at sundown, and then had it taper off shortly after. i am going out tonight to Boedecker so ill see how it is late instead of early in the evening...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts