Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Barr on the night of the 30th with a buddy of mine that is on leave from overseas. It turned out to be a bust. The water was high (but clear) and there was very limited areas we could fish. we tried at the base of the dam for awhile, there were a whole load of carp in the area so we hoped some cats would be close behind them. this didnt turn out to be the case. the open space was so tight we had to clear out the dead carp from the area so we could fit in. even doing this we couldnt avoid all of them, i ended up stepping on one that popped like a overripe melon, sending up a cloud of noxious fumes that would have made a rotten manatee smell like a bouqet of roses. after 4 hours of fishing we gave up with nothing, nada, zip. it might be a few more weeks before i try it again, the water is just too high right now. if you have a boat though it might be worth trying, water temps were good and it wasnt too muddy yet...

M

·
0 Posts
Rottal said:
i ended up stepping on one that popped like a overripe melon, sending up a cloud of noxious fumes that would have made a rotten manatee smell like a bouqet of roses
That's a bummer. I know what you mean about the stink though - I have a dog that takes it upon herself to roll around in that stuff then come back all excited and proud licking and cuddling.

Makes for a tough ride home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts