Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Barr Lake and made the mistake of trying to fish off of the bottom from shore.  Quickly got a bite (just a stocker trout) and took me forever to get my line back in.  The lake is so mossy that I had to grab my line with my hand and pull it in & then clean it off as I went.  If the trout was fighting I couldnt tell with the probably close to 20 pounds of moss on my line.  My gal tried using a minnow under a bobbler with no luck, it did help keep some of the moss off her line but she still ended up what she called a sea creature LOL  (that is a 12" by 6" piece of moss).  I knew my chances were slim being daylight but I baited up for catfish, I just didnt want to injure the stockers on a long retrieval.  We packed it in about 3:30pm.  Didnt see anyone else land anything. and didnt hear any thing about the catfish.  After that we went to the reserve (south side of the lake & no fishing allowed).  Had a very nice walk, all in all was a nice day (with the exception of the 20 min of rain & wind) but the fishing wasnt great

1 - 1 of 1 Posts