Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We initially went to Barr Lake State Park which was hugely disappointing. Hardly any spots in the general area were open and not very deep in the immediate shore line. Didn't look deep at least. No bites, didn't see anybody else catching anything for the 2 hours we were there. The wind started to pick up like a torrential hurricane.

Left due to extreme boredom, went back to Longmont and headed to McCall Lake. Whipped out my "new" fishing pole which is rigged with Trilene Fused Crystal 10lb line and hard bait. Didn't expect to catch anything as I haven't caught anything with my "new" rig since April 1. So I was just fooling around with it because the hard baits amuse me more than the fish... probably.

As I was reeling it in like a retard just jerking and reeling all over the place, I must have caught something really near the shore cuz when I finally retrieved all my line there was a freaking bass on my hard bait. Wow, I must been acting so stupid playing with my bait to amuse myself that I didn't even notice I had a fish. :eek:

So I just caught one Largemouth Bass today, slightly disappointing, BUT still awesome that I finally caught a a fish on my "new" pole and first time ever on a hardbait!!!!!! It's the biggest LM Bass I ever caught in my life so far!! :D :D :D :D :D

It looks small in the pics due to weird angle my sister took it at, but I swear it was pretty big! Released it, cuz I dunno black bass taste like pond all the time... before at least.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
:D love the narration man, thats classic. good laugh.

i took my nephew fishing one time for trout when he was in town and he brought his spidey pole, he got bored with the worm and bobber setup and couldnt let it just sit. so i said ill let him pitch some gear, threw on a floating rapala... i wanted to see if it was heavy enough for the 10lb factory line crammed in this little pole, it wizzed way out there. i was reelin it in hella slow and saw the rise at it and set the hook on this little pole, but somehow missed him and here the lure comes at me as it popped outa the water,in front of a little bush out about 10 feet, no sooner than it hit the water one rose and took it, u should of seen me tryin to reel that little spidey pole as fast as i could to set the hook. luckly he was on when i finally reeled in the butt load of line and let him reel in the little slimer, of course only fish of the day... had to share :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!!

I wanted to spare you all from my purposefully dreadful face, yeap.

My hair, is messed up from the torrential hurricane like winds at Barr. Blowing all over the place, I guess I need to get a hair cut. My mom complain how fast it always grow back. I never have neat hair, I guess that's also a clue I need a hair cut... I got too much hair. :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GrumpieGills said:
:D love the narration man, thats classic. good laugh.

i took my nephew fishing one time for trout when he was in town and he brought his spidey pole, he got bored with the worm and bobber setup and couldnt let it just sit. so i said ill let him pitch some gear, threw on a floating rapala... i wanted to see if it was heavy enough for the 10lb factory line crammed in this little pole, it wizzed way out there. i was reelin it in hella slow and saw the rise at it and set the hook on this little pole, but somehow missed him and here the lure comes at me as it popped outa the water,in front of a little bush out about 10 feet, no sooner than it hit the water one rose and took it, u should of seen me tryin to reel that little spidey pole as fast as i could to set the hook. luckly he was on when i finally reeled in the butt load of line and let him reel in the little slimer, of course only fish of the day... had to share :D
Haha, well I was playing with my hard bait and there were several instances were it shot out of the water and I almost caught myself a few times.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Sashimi said:
Thanks!!

My hair, is messed up from the torrential hurricane like winds at Barr. Blowing all over the place, I guess I need to get a hair cut. My mom complain how fast it always grow back. I never have neat hair, I guess that's also a clue I need a hair cut... I got too much hair. :D
I just thought something looked different about you. ;D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
That is awesome...just awesome...congrats!!!...great story too!...

And yes Barr is tough to shore fish...

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks!!

That one if my 2nd LM bass of the season!! First one I caught was a couple days ago at Golden Ponds with a size 10 hook with trout worm. It was a few inches shorter, would've took pic but I forgot to put the memory card back in the camera from one other time.

hummus cannonball said:
Sashimi said:
Thanks!!

I just thought something looked different about you. ;D
Maybe you are too used too seeing me with behead. Since I keep forget to brush my hair after waking up hehehe. Or my awesome plastic surgery photoshopped face ^-^

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks I like my fishy too hehe, it was awesome. ^-^

;D Haha gosh, if you think that's bad, then you don't want to even try to see my attempt makeup in real life!!! :D :D :D

I have never used make-up routinely and when I tried to apply some for the first time a couple month ago... oh god... I looked like a sad retarded panda that got it's eye area horrendously smudged and beaten at birth with tons of streak due to my eyes being extremely ticklish when attempting eyeliner which results in an extremely teary eye which in turn makes black streaks running down my face. Then I can't blend colors to save my life, nor find the right color concealer/foundation. What the heck??

Okay see, this is what happen a few months back, one of my my first attempts at eyeshadow, one of my better of the bads... be nice plz :-[ :-[ :-[

1 - 15 of 15 Posts