Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I an running alot of appointments right now in Brighton because of all the new building that is going on up there. I have alot of down time in between appointments. Yesterday i was up there for 12 hours and about half that time I was bored.

I am going to start taking a smaller box and a rod with me in my truck. Just wondering if anyone can give my some pointers on where and what to use? Never fished there before, but it is a pretty lake!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Fish by the boat ramp. The water is really high right now though. About three years ago i fished to the right of the boat ramp but all that is under water now. Me and my buddy caught 7 wipers night fishing with crawfish tails.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Ive only ben out there once this year....in March. The water was high then too, and was still too cold for any wiper action. I was thinking about heading out there tonight to try for some cats, but i dont know how much access there will be in the usual spots i fish. anyone been out there recently? whats the water temps looking like? i havnt seen to many reports on Barr as of yet...

·
Registered
440 Posts
That article was okay, but I take exception to the idea that "catfish are ugly". Guess it depends your notion of beauty. I mean, heck, I wouldn't wanna marry one, but...

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Nawanda said:
That article was okay, but I take exception to the idea that "catfish are ugly". Guess it depends your notion of beauty. I mean, heck, I wouldn't wanna marry one, but...
Actually, I think it refers to carp as the ugly fish...

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Hmmm.... Barr has always puzzled me too.. Gotta try to take the lil boat out there one of these days.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Barr lake is a strange lake. I have fished there for many years and noticed that it is either hot or ice cold. I just fished it tuesday and had nothing but a bunch of carp hitting my line. I noticed that the best fishing there is in the fall when the water is low.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts