Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been to Barr lately? im still waiting for the water to go down......

·
Registered
117 Posts
Im going on sunday never fished it before but its fairly close so im gonna give it a try besides im getting tired of stanly got any helpful hints ill be fishing from the bank thanks. James

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was so high the night i went out a few weeks ago that i didnt fish...but im not sure what it is looking like near the boat ramp. i did much better there last year when the water levels dropped...

if the water is high....im not really sure...unless you are using a boat...

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was there a few weeks back.  Water was as high as it has been in 4 years.  It was real tough fishing mainly due to all the debris that was floating in the water.  Couldn't keep from fouling our lines. 

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, i noticed that...with the wind changing from east/west/north/south constantly it seems like there was a constant flow of sticks and other garbage moving all around the lake...which makes for difficult fishing from shore. also the weeds are pretty thick, so its hard to find clear areas to fish....

yes, i like it much better when the water is down...nothing like that distinctive "Barr Lake" dead carp odor--- but you get used to it...a little.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts