Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped by Barr today (17 Aug 05) to check out the water level...and its dropping quite a bit. I might hit it soon if anyone is interested in trying to catch some cats, it might be good for another month or two...

T

·
0 Posts
Rottal said:
Stopped by Barr today (17 Aug 05) to check out the water level...and its dropping quite a bit.  I might hit it this soon if anyone is interested in trying to catch some cats, it might be good for another month or two...
I might be able to hit it up w/ you if it's on a weekend. Keep me posted...

F

·
0 Posts
let me know what day ill cruise down....i was at the fairgrounds a couple nights ago and nothin .....used shrimp and chicken liver

T

·
0 Posts
meandmydog said:
where is barr lake
Off of I-76 and Bromley Lane Exit in Brighton. You can see it off the highway before the exit if heading east.

T

·
0 Posts
meandmydog said:
so thats N.E. of denver i am in ft.collins
Directions - Take I-76 northeast from Denver, exit on Bromley Lane. Go east to Picadilly Road, then south to the park entrance.

Barr Lake State Park
13401 Picadilly Road
Brighton, CO 80603
(303) 659-6005 (phone)
[email protected] (e-mail)

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If i can get all the stuff done i gotta do today i might hit it this evening...and if not perhaps tomorrow night...i wanna get out there soon. the water depths might be real shallow, but if everything works out right the cats come in pretty close right around about an hour before sundown for the rest of the night..ive done well there before, but can be hit or miss sometimes. id like it to drop some more to get to the areas i really like...

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fishinguitars said:
what do you usually use
Nothing fancy, just the ol catfish standbys....liver or crawlers on a 2/0 circle hook. ill fish a fast action spinning rod thats at least 6 or 7 ft, topped with 12 or 14 lb test and a 20 inch section of 20lb leader under a slip sinker and swivel. Theres big ones in there, you just have to be there when they come through...and they will take your rod if you arent ready. this usually happens after 4 hours of no hits, then bingo, your rods gone...

F

·
0 Posts
hahaha...thats why im not good at catching big cats with bass fishing or trout fishing im always on the move ...catfishing its pretty hard for me to sit there with no action...but i guess thats what you have to do for the big boys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts