Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to Barr Lake on Thurs. was wondering how deep the lake was and what to expect? I'll be fishing from a boat. What should I use for bait or what lures. Thanks Allen

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
http://www.parks.state.co.us/Parks/BarrLake/ParkActivities/Fishing/Pages/BarrLakeFishing.aspx

Fishing at Barr Lake State Park

Channel catfish, smallmouth and largemouth bass, rainbow trout, walleye, bluegill, wiper and tiger muskie are among the species Colorado Division of Wildlife has stocked at Barr Lake. Rainbow trout were stocked in the lake in March, April, and May. Fish from the shore or from a boat on the north side of the lake. No fishing is allowed in the wildlife refuge and on the Barr Lake dam. You should also follow the Colorado Department of Wildlife regulations.

Fishing from Shore

Fishing has begun to pick up with trout being caught from shore on powerbait. Also from shore, channel catfish, yellow perch, crappie, bluegill, and both largemouth and smallmouth bass have been caught near the boat ramp area.

Boaters have been catching trout, walleye, and channel catfish.
Check the Barr Lake conditions on the Colorado Department of Wildlife conditions Web site or the Barr Lake Conditions page before you head out to the lake. You may also contact the park office for current conditions at 303-659-6005.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
aa28770 said:
Going to Barr Lake on Thurs. was wondering how deep the lake was and what to expect? I'll be fishing from a boat. What should I use for bait or what lures. Thanks Allen
If you know how to fish a worm...Barr can be awesome. I have no idea what water level is there right now. If it's low then anyplace might be good. hopefully you have good sonar. If it's blowin you're have to figure out how to drift your rig (boat and baits). If you have an iffy day...keep going back. Barr's not a bad place at all. Tough boat ramp tho.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts