Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 8:00-11:30 a.m. Water temp on fishfinder showed 44.5 f. Res looked full but fish were not biting. Few fish found on sonar suspending 16ft in about 24ft of water by the dam. No boat docks yet either.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Hows the water levels looking this year? last year it was high for a long time before it started dropping....

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I usually do better there when the water levels have dropped...but im fishing from shore so my access is limited. when it drops way down its much easier for me to find the areas that fish might hold, such as the road bed and rocky areas that hold bait....im mostly chasing cats there though, so i cant speak for any of the other species.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same here. I usually fish it from late August-early October. I ride my bike around the Res to the old railroad track and catch bass, panfish, trout, and wiper. I have tried mostly for the cats but have yet to get one of those monsters. I did get spooled a few years back and don't know if it was a cat or maybe a muskie? It was just a constant pull and I had no chance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts