Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been out to Barr recently? hows the water levels? last year it took awhile to drop to the point where some decent shore access was exposed. i wanna know if it time to hit the shore for cats yet.... ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went out there today and walked around. haven't been there for years so not sure what is considered low. Some of the boardwalks on the Preserve side had about a foot of water under them. Boat ramp was usable and there were a few boats on the water. The stocking report at the nature center said they had recently stocked Trout and Walleye and that the fishing was good around the boat ramp area and trolling around the dam. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh...Its sounds like its still high then maybe...im waiting for it to drop, maybe ill go out there and take a look just to get an idea. i guess you might not have anything to use as a reference if youve never seen it low before. Do you think you could you walk to the base of the concrete dam on dry land, or was the water up to the trees?

Here are some pics of Barr....very low, usually the June-July timeframe

Along the dam...

The base of the dam looking south west...very low at this time.

the base of the dam...all this area is exposed when its starts dropping...

A friend of mine with a medium cat caught at the area in the pic above...when it was covered with water. (that was 2 years ago)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Nothing like that, much higher. I didn't get too close to the dam but it looked like the water was well up the concrete portion of the dam, I didn't see any dry land.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I had an appointment in Brighton yesterday and drove by it. It looked pretty full to me? But I have never fished there.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
fished there about 2 weeks ago & it was my first time so I am not sure where the water level should be. All I know is that the amount of moss in there is frighting, caught a little stocker trout & took me forever to get it reeled in as I my reel couldnt handle the weight of the moss. I had to pull my line in by hand & them clean the off my line as I went. Is it always this mossy out there?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Barr Lake is still high. It has been receding the last few weeks (about 1-2 ft a week) but the water is still on the rocks south of the boat ramp. The carp are jumping very frequently around the lake, and the vegetation has came up out of the water..... I have been trying for cats the last few weeks, only been able to get nibbles and some trout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts