7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
P I K E
10,082 Posts
Felipe Paulino
ERA W-L SO WHIP
5.11 1-9 83 1.54

Yep...O'Dud sends away another great defensive player and brings in another loser!!! True Barmes was weak at bat but the runs he saved on defense was worth more than the runs another losing pitcher is going to give up!!! Paulino prolly makes league min. so it is prolly just dumping more salary considering he has an ERA of 5.11!!! Way to go O'DUD...another fine move you dick!!!

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Clint was a great player, person and dad. He should get more playing time down there. Rockies have seriously made some questionable calls...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Barmes vs. Paulino

Buying into flame throwing right handed pitcher Felipe Paulino requires a little bit of buying on the come, but this is a good gamble by the Rockies. He was really starting to round into form before going on the DL with shoulder problems in 2010, and of course he's had major run support issues in the past. But he's a guy that can miss bats (187 career MLB strikeouts in 208.1 innings) - if he puts it all together, the Rockies might have a find here.

TH

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
This is about the Monforts being cheap and not signing DeLa Rosa ...this is his replacement...ugh...2.8 million fans...just raking in the cash...not wanting to spend for a winner...sell the team...ask Neal what he thinks of those two if you ever talk to him in person...they have a cash cow...for themselves...the fleecing of Colorado baseball fans...on the doorstep to a great team and unwilling to do anything about it...

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Well.........IMHO, I think this move was more about Eric Young jr.........he is ready to play everyday and we might as well trade Barmes while he still has value.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's a good trade for Barmes. He's going to get to play SS everyday. The Rockies were going to let Barmes go anyway at least this way they get an arm in return. EY jr or Johnny Herrera will be playing 2B this year. Hopefully they can sign DLR but they should not overpay for him. 3 year deal sounds about right. The guy who needs to step up this year is Ian Stewart. He's got all the tools just needs to put it together.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Deuceu72 said:
Well.........IMHO, I think this move was more about Eric Young jr.........he is ready to play everyday and we might as well trade Barmes while he still has value.
I think everyone is forgetting the wildcard in this situation.

Clint Barmes lost his starting job last year to Jonathan Herrera....
Infact he only came back into the line-up after Tulo got hurt and they put him in at short.

With a much more consistent Herrera who gives you everything Barmes does at a better level other that power, and EYJ sitting on the bench waiting for more time, I think this is a great move.

Talking about a career .250 second baseman, with a solid glove. This is professional baseball, those types of players are all over the place. Save money with a better option, makes plenty of sense to me if Im running the Rockies.

The De La Rosa thing is a little tougher if you ask me, he has shown the signs of brilliance. But why sign a pitcher to a long term deal when the organization has been nothing but burned by those contracts in the past.

Pedro Astacio
Denny Neagle
Mike Hampton
Aaron Cook
Jeff Francis
Bret Saberhagen

The list goes on and on and on of pitchers whom the Rockies signed to multi-year deals only to have them not come even close to their potential. Do you really want the owners of this team throwing out 35 Million over 4 years to a guy whom we claimed off waivers two years ago? He has major consistency issues and unless they can work out a 2-3 yr deal I say send him too. We must give these young guys in the system a chance to show the reason for them being drafted where they were.

Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez
Bumgarner

Common theme from the rotation of the WORLD CHAMPIONS....they didnt go out and get this guys, they brought them through their system. The Monforts are in this for the money, but if you owned the business you would be as well. I think their mentality keeps this team from being in a rut of mediocrity like the late 90's early 00's even though it may seemed cold blooded the way they can cut ties at the flip of a switch.

Just my .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts