Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was planning on going fishing for bass and/or trout sometime soon. Haven't ever gone bass fishing before, can anyone recommend some gear and tips? Also, does anyone know any good spots for either species in Northern Colorado? I would prefer a more secluded lake or stream. Thanks:)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Jerkbaits always do well for bass.
Trout are always easy to fool with just about everything. Kastmasters and inline spinners.
How far north? Like Delaney north?

·
Registered
367 Posts
If I only had to fish with one lure for Bass it would be a Senko. These rubber worms can be fished in a variety of rigging styles, but I find the Texas rig and Weightless to be the most effective, with the Wacky rig coming in close as well. 5” Senkos using a 3/0 offset worm hook is a good place to start. I tend to have luck with darker earthy colors, but it is good to have a variety. These lures take practice to get good with. Senko fishing is a skill in and of itself. Here is a link to a video that talks about the different rigging styles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If I only had to fish with one lure for Bass it would be a Senko. These rubber worms can be fished in a variety of rigging styles, but I find the Texas rig and Weightless to be the most effective, with the Wacky rig coming in close as well. 5” Senkos using a 3/0 offset worm hook is a good place to start. I tend to have luck with darker earthy colors, but it is good to have a variety. These lures take practice to get good with. Senko fishing is a skill in and of itself. Here is a link to a video that talks about the different rigging styles.Senko Fishing
oh wow thanks for all the info =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts