Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,081 Posts
yup, don't want to beat a dead horse...but there are certain rods that are meant for certain things. I personally like knowing I have the right set up for any condition so I have nothing to blame but myself if I dont catch fish. If I'm going to quincy and plan on throwing goldy-lock buggers (hint hint) for bass, I bring my 5 wt. If I'm going meet hunting at quincy with big decievers etc. I use my 7 or 9. Anymore, I just like going with a game plan and sticking to it and finding a way to make it work. If I want to work on my bugger presentations, then I find a way to catch fish on buggers. There are days when my goal is to find a way to catch as many fish as possible, but by and large I like perfecting things so on those all out days I know how to use my entire arsenal. Bass unlike trout are very opurtunistic feeders and won't key in soley on minnows if a crayfish happens to shuffle on by.

· Registered
1,081 Posts
First off Castell, welcome. I'm sure in the time to come we will have many more posts we agree on but I think Im gonna have to get this started with a disagreement. I have scene very few people who can line a 6 wt with a dahlburg. Even if you could the amount of false and double haul cast you would have to use would be to many for what I like to do. With an 8 or a 9, a 70-80 foot cast is relatively effortless with about any fly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.