Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look at a lot of fishing reports around the country. The one thing I have found is that in the south they fish for largemouth all year long. They catch them in water that is very cold, sometimes in the low 40's. In the reports I have read they catch them shallow and deep. My question is, why not here? Has anybody ever fished Brush Hollow in the winter when there was a couple of warm days in a row. If so how did you do?
Back in Virgina I caught bass in winter on a rubber worm. I didn't catch many but it was consitint enough to continue to go out. The trick for me was to move it as slow as I could and let the worm sit on the bottom for 20 and 30 seconds at a time not moving it at all.
Does anybody know how low Brush Hollow is right now? I most likely can't get boat on but maybe it will come up enough that I can later on. I know there is some great bass fishermen on this site so maybe they can help.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
As long as there is open water you can catch bass at BH. Past several years I have caught bass, trout and mostly walleye right up until ice. Last year that was right at New Years and I started catching them (mostly walleye again) as soon as the ice came off in Feb (warm winter).

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm still catching bass! Just remember to slow it way down and you should also consider deadsticking...Cast your plastic out and let it sit for a few minutes and see if something sucks it up...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts