Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has become my mission lately to catch a bass on the fly rod but keep getting skunked. Using my 7wt I have been casting some poppers, streamers, and grasshoppers but no bites except from bluegill

Just looking for some recommendations to get me started

·
Registered
305 Posts
Use a mouse pattern, something like this:

That mouse pattern is killer PD. Dahlberg Divers and Sex Dungeons work as well.

I think I saw a fly on Craven's blog that was a replica of a texas rigged power worm. Just a long dubbing loop for the worm body- similar to the tail of a geezus lizard. I would imagine that something like that would kill it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whompuscat I got skunked. Left the 7wt in a friend's car so did what I could with the 4wt. They didn't way hoppers, wolley buggers, nymphs, or my drys. Wish I could have cast the poppers, streamers, and other big flies but that 4wt just can't handle the big ones

I am running out later this week so hopefully I can break my skunk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Homeboy it's a bucket list item and a couple good bass ponds by the house. Don't always have the time to run up to the trout spots

Troutand and bluegill I can catch all day long but bass, pike, and carp I can't even get a bite. I need to change that

·
Registered
438 Posts
Homeboy it's a bucket list item and a couple good bass ponds by the house. Don't always have the time to run up to the trout spots

Troutand and bluegill I can catch all day long but bass, pike, and carp I can't even get a bite. I need to change that
go get em; just don't eat em. they are ugly and nasty and may have germs. If I wanted to go after one of those stinkers, I would use a steamer. That's if I ever wanted to do such a thing. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.