Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the bass pro shop at around 5, i got a card in the mail to get elways autograph, i looked in the fishing department and it was awesome , great stuff , some stuff cheaper then sportsmens some expensiver

M

·
0 Posts
yeah, i was the 11th person in the building baby, hehehe, had to brag, its a sweet store

i was gonna go back for all the events, but i got called in to work

M

·
0 Posts
...i think ill go saturday or sunday or whatever day u get the free hat

by the way, i love the sign above the entrance that reads

welcome fisherman, hunters, and all other liars

or something to that effect

·
Registered
16,571 Posts
My boss and I just got back from there. Cool place,TONS of stuff. I ate a lot of free jerky,so that was cool.

D

·
0 Posts
I went yesterday afternoon. Pretty cool! Great lure selection and a staff that seemed really eager to help. A nice change from some other places.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I went last night. That place is HUGE. They had a great ice fishing selection compared to any where around me. I didn't get to meet John Elway but I picked up some cheap gloves!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yea, went there today talked to my buddy Matt that?s in the fishing sec. Really sweet inside, when I was walking by the tank I saw a pike with half of another fish hanging out of his mouth kind of like the pic. in the paper awile back.
When my brother was building it he told me that it was pretty big well it is and im glad that there?s another place to compete prices with. Then there comes Cabela's it's awesome!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Re: bass pro shop - cellphone pics

I went there tonight. What an awesome store. Here are a few (cruddy) cellphone pics:

The fish tank:

One little section of the fishing department:

Taken from the 2nd floor:

Looked like the Colorado Boat Show in there:

Tons of stuffed animals and cool displays!

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
WOW ! WOW ! WOW !   8)

I LOVE that place !  I found almost everything there. It is definatly my favorite store. I could list tons of good stuff about it. (prices, decor, variety, PIKE, etc...) The only downfall I noticed was this. At Gander and Sportsman's, flies are cheap (even huge poppers, clossiers, dragonfies, etc... All 89 - 99 cents. They didn't have as big a selection, and there prices (on flies) were higher. Still by far my favorite outdoor shop !

Oh, and they interviewed me (on camera) for a BPS promotional video !

I really wanted one of the lures w/ the BPS logo on, but I underestimated how many people would be there  :-[ :(  If anyone got one (or a duck call from yesturday) they would sell, (cheap/reasonable) let me know.

M

·
0 Posts
yeah, anyone wanna rendevouz or however u spell it, im goin again saturday, cant get enough

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Neat, huge shop, but I was disappointed by a few things. The fly fishing section has a limited selection despite the generous space devoted to it. Also, if it's called Bass Pro, how come there aren't any bass in the aquarium :D. Also, their Fine Gun section has a bunch of overpriced, ratty guns that may not be worth what they are asking.

M

·
0 Posts
well they actually do have...one...bass in there, but i think they were going for more of the regional fish, which is trout

at the one in tejas it was all monster bass, cats, crappie and gills

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
We road the elevator. It went down behind the aquarium. There were 5 or 6 Largemouths in the rocks. Still not a lot, but better than none. I think they need a warmwater tank though.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
silicone boy said:
Neat, huge shop, but I was disappointed by a few things. The fly fishing section has a limited selection despite the generous space devoted to it. Also, if it's called Bass Pro, how come there aren't any bass in the aquarium :D. Also, their Fine Gun section has a bunch of overpriced, ratty guns that may not be worth what they are asking.
I was talking to an employee and asked him why there were only a few bass and no walleye. He told me that that there were more bass and walleye too before the store opened. However, some of their bass had a parasite and some of the bass, walleye & lakers either died or were removed...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts