Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
boy i been thinking bout this one a bit, i think if i spent that much time in a BPS id spend more than i was earnning id have a well stocked box but id be eatting roman nodles and walking to the lake

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
roadkill said:
boy i been thinking bout this one a bit, i think if i spent that much time in a BPS id spend more than i was earnning id have a well stocked box but id be eatting roman nodles and walking to the lake
You say that like its a bad thing. :p

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
good for me im single but a lot of you guys got to deal with the little lady

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
roadkill said:
good for me im single but a lot of you guys got to deal with the little lady
Thats why she works, to support my habits. Right? :p

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
dam you do have a good woman! atleast till she reads your last post

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
GREAT JOB!  I'm very jealous and envious.  I have been trying to get a honey job like that for years!  Keep me informed of events and i promise to keep you stocked with catfish and carp bait for free!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
roadkill said:
congrads on the new job...youll enjoy it im sure. I worked in a flyshop (and still fill in on occasion) and find it to be a great place to spend time. If you cant be fishing..well, looking at and talking about fishing gear is the next best thing! as far as the quote above...its 100% true, so look out lol

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Congrats FG...

So do you play in a band also?...with your handle...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I used to be in a couple bands but I just recently got married and have another son on the way ....so now all my free time goes to fishing ....I still jam all the time just dont make any commitments ...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Worked this morning ....WOW the store is gonna be huge...Talked with a couple other guys that are gonna be working in the fishing department, All very nice and knowledgeable . Another bonus they weren't fishing snobs or elitist fisherman . Just some cool guys that really enjoy the sport !!!! The manager is also really cool and is gonna use our imput on what to stock on the shelves to better suite colorado fisherman . The fly fishing department is gonna be the biggest in bass pro history . We worked on stocking the hunting department today wow it's very impressive . I hope you guys are excited until today I didnt know what to think, but now I know if you make the trip down to bass pro shops fishing department you'll be in good hands . Well back to the full time job as a diesel mechanic !!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
fishinguitars said:
I believe we are shooting for nov 10th
That's what the Bass Pro Shops website says for the grand opening.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hey, FG, when you get the fishing dept set up let me know. I have some questions about what you carry. I'm over an hour away and don't want to be dissappointed by what I find! ;D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Sure if you have any suggestions on what we should carry let me know and i'll tell our fishing manager . From the looks of things he is gonna use alot of our imput on what to stock .

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Fishinguitars --- Why you lucky bas... JK (not about the lucky part). Man, I was trying to find a way for it to work out (me working there). However it's over an hour commute, and we have the new baby... Anyway, congratulations man. That's great. I worked in a ski shop, and sometimes managed it, and I really miss it. Bass Pro Shops, right on!
I'm sure I'll be in. My wife actually gave me a card w/ a BPS gift card in it today. By the way, I need a deal on an Extreme rod, a Rapala reel, and a new tackle box.  ;) (I've been waiting for them to open to get this stuff). You'll have to let us know when you're working.

P.S. don't tell to many shoppers about the arsenal (please  ;D).

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
fishinguitars said:
any suggestions on what we should carry let me know
From what I hear there arent to many places that carry good selection of lake trout/deep lake stuff. Big spoons and big weights. 1/2/3/4/5oz weights.

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
YOu have to let us know when you have change of season sales.

As for suggestions on what to carry its pretty hard to say, the diversity of fishing this state has is hard to cover everything. But depending on how big your department is you can sure handle alot. I'm trying to think of some tackle I used in other states thats hard to find in this state and I cant think of anything off the top of my head.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts