Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, you've got me hooked on fishing again. I'm a junkie. After moving to this great state over 4 years ago I was sure my fishing days were over. Well they dam near were. i didn't know a lot about fishing out here, or anybody who did. I thought I was landlocked. Once I decided to get back at it, while researching I stumbled upon this great place. Thanks guys with all of the great discussions & such on here I'm ready to slay a whole new variety of fish & most cold water fish.

Anyway, (I'm ramblin') sinse I'm a fishing junkie again I'm always talking to family & friends back home. A lot of these guys know a shi**load more than even the most elite. One of my buddies fishes a lot of Bass tourney's. On top of that he has a Marine Biology Degree. To make a long story short, he gave me his best bait of choice for Largemouth's.

WHITE MICE

Good luck guys.

TL

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wonder how you would rig a mouse ....maybe ill try them for tigers

·
Registered
943 Posts
i think it would be just lie the waterdogs. right through the mouth

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill try it .....I would use a lap dog to catch a big tiger if I had to....thats a big of an exageration unless you guys know of a place where a hungry 50 incher hangs out

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I hate to say this but just this year I was fishing in kansas and a guy was telling me that he uses white mice for bass. He said he hooks them throw the skin and tosses them out near cover. He said the mice swim around and blam.

·
Registered
664 Posts
"I would use a lap dog to catch a big tiger if I had to"

That's seriously funny because when I was growing up we used to call little yippie lap dogs 'muskie bait.'

·
Registered
164 Posts
holy cow man.. o kay i buy mice almost every day for my big pet lizard, they arent cheap and i want to see if any one has the guts to hook them through the skin.... i dont and i deal with them every day, ive seen mouse imatations out there, but never seen them in white.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Jay_In_Parker said:
Oh god.....not this sick ass thread again.,

[me=Jay_In_Parker]  [/me]
it does seam to have reared its ugly head again

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
fishinguitars said:
hahhhah....yo quiero muskie
O man that was bad... my sides are hurting from laughing

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a pet python that eats mice...
but I buy them frozen

my buddy's step dad has a ton of old fishing stories and according to him, they hiked down into blck canyon while they were in college at western state and slayed football sized trout by catching mice ( he said there were a bunch) and skidding them across the river

fsh story? who knnows, ive been fishing with him and he always outcatches us

ive heard of mice for bass back in houston wheree i lived, but not here

·
Registered
164 Posts
sorry about the topic buster but what kind of python do you have? i had a few pythons and i dont know if trout will have the mouth to eat a mouse.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I know mouse patterns are used by some people (especially around the Great Lakes regions) for large lake run browns...this is a big night fishing technique. they skitter them on the top...and it apperently works well from some pictures ive seen.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts