Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i decided to ride solo today and got out there and the winds were strait horid again. lost 3 more kastys today dangit. did manage 2 small bass and a perch, took just one pic..... now on to the bad part........... ok im fishing right on the path casting, in plain view this guy is walking and strait throws the dogs ball 10 yards right in front of me, ive got my hardware box open and my other rod leaning on my backpack in plain view, his dog barrels right into my box spilling everything and hooking himself somehow on my other rod sticking 6 feet in the air.... jumps into the water and off my rod and reel go.... dog finally gets outa the water after soaking me as im trying to find my line or rod or whats left of it, the dog i guess felt the hook and took off, here my rod comes, in 3 pieces as the line snaps as it catches on the bank. the owners just lookin at me the whole time not caring that the dog is runnin with a hook somewhere in him, like he didnt see a 6 foot rod take off on his dog. the dog finally comes back and the owner is looking for the hook, after i told him what happend. looks at me and says thanks alot a$$hole, im like what the heck u threw the ball right over my shoulder where i was fishing, state park rangers were there at the bathroom heard us and saw us exchanging words, they come over and i tell state park what happened and they couldnt do anything about it, but one thing did happen, he didnt pay the 2 dollar fee for having his 2 dogs off a leash, whamo he gets hit with a citation. as they are leaving he is following them with his dogs turns around and points and laughs at me. i mean what kinda people are out there, this is so childish and he didnt even say sorry or offer to pay for my brand new rod broken due to his stupidity, he acted like it was my fault.... man it was so hard not to go up there and thump him. but i kept my cool and kept casting on my other rod with no luck for the next 30 min.

only took one pic today.

·
Registered
765 Posts
That's hard, dude! I can't believe the owner would act that way and blame you for it. I'm sorry you are the one left with the cost of replacement.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Sorry to hear that. If I were in your shoes I'd call the Park Ranger Office & ask them to donate a portion of that citation to you for rod replacement. I know it's a bit far fetched but there's a slight chance they'll do something especially if you show up with the broken rod and a printout showing how much they usually cost. After all, the very reason that dog got hooked was because it was off leash which had not been paid for.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Wow man..that really sucks! At least he got a citation...unfortunately that doesn't pay for the rod. I would have been royally POed if that would of happened to my new E21..

D.J.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
What a d***! Ya know...all you need is a license plate or a name and the internet to find out about people. You could find him and make his life hell for awhile. To start...put small rocks under his valve stem caps...bet he doesn't have 4 spares. ;)

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know kinda crappy but im not the type of person to to that mogul. Thats not right. im not gonna let it ruin anything and I will def take 1 rod next time I go there

·
Registered
189 Posts
Grumpy, Go to the park and get a copy of the report on the citation or a copy of the ticket....Get his name and info and take the dog owner to small claims court for the cost of your loss. The rangers are your witnesses, and you have the citation proving the dog was at large...should be a slam dunk in small claims court! I sure wouldn't let that idiot slide, especially since he acted like a jerk.

·
Banned
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thumper said:
Grumpy, Go to the park and get a copy of the report on the citation or a copy of the ticket....Get his name and info and take the dog owner to small claims court for the cost of your loss. The rangers are your witnesses, and you have the citation proving the dog was at large...should be a slam dunk in small claims court! I sure wouldn't let that idiot slide, especially since he acted like a jerk.
ha, i should but the rod has a lifetime warranty so im gonna call em monday and see... if that doesnt work im deff gonna go that route.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Lol Ken!
Ummm I will be nice... No comment but that sucks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts