Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got back out tonight to the same spot. I went with two of my roommates who didn't stay longer than a couple hours and didn't catch anything. Unfortunately there were too many people in the sandy area I had planned to fish so I fished the same spot as last night. I put some cut sucker in the water and threw my bbz1 floater into the surface action and reeled it back in with a steady retrieve. There seemed to be a bunch of shad being worked against the surface. After maybe ten minutes I had my first bass of the night. I fished it a bit longer and switched over to my big bbz1 rat. After another ten minutes or so, I had another largemouth. I wasn't able to get a picture. Manipulating the rod, holding the fish and snapping a picture are all pretty tough, especially in the dark. I didn't want to drag the bass up on the rocks and dirt. The bass was about the same size as the first one. That was the last of my catches on the bigger lures. I worked the cut bait for a while longer and landed a few really tiny white bass. No cats. I called it a night at about 1230. I'm thinking about getting back out tomorrow night one last time before work tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Nice Whomp. If you are up for some vampire shift, I get off work at about 1030 in windsor.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks. I keep hitting this spot trying to figure it out but still no cats. The white bass have been boiling on the shad like crazy, though. Every afternoon right before sundown there are boils in the exact same spot. I've mostly been throwing big swimbaits into them but I've gotten some whites on smaller stuff. Probably gonna try the same res but move around a bit and maybe fish the opposite end of the lake.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I still need to get a walleye on the bbz1 but right now I'm trying to get some bass on the hudd. Should be interesting

1 - 16 of 16 Posts